Damp Proofing Tanking Membrane System
Our listing for damp proofing tanking membrane systems offers our customers complete flexibility over buying all the components needed or a damp proofing membrane installation according to the quantity needed and the extent of the damp in the wall to be treated.
The benefit to this is that buying individual components is pricey and yet the various kit offerings do not always include the items an installer might need or even have too many of the items needed.
The damp proofing membrane is the Triton Isola Platon made of a durable and flexible polypropylene which is impermeable and resistant to chemicals and salts.
The stud profile is only 2mm but with the bonding mesh gives it an overall thickness of 2.5mm. The air gap provided by the studs allows for all important breathability of the surface the membrane is applied to allow for the surface to dry down.
Whilst this membrane can be used below ground level its most appropriate use is for above ground damp proofing after the removal of damp contaminated plaster. It is a more efficient method of re-plastering over a newly injected chemical damp proof course offering the following benefits:
- No residual moisture in the brick, mortar, masonry, etc can pass through the membrane.
- The passage of salts cannot pass through the membrane to the decorated surface.
- Provide a continual barrier against damp with a manufacturers stated life expectancy of at least 50 years.
- With a dot and dab plasterboard finish the treated wall is much more thermally efficient making for a warmer finish.
- Once the skim to the plasterboard has dried decorating can begin. Traditional sand and cement render should be left to dry for at least a minimum of a couple of months before decorating.
- A quicker treatment process for rising and penetrating damp, ideal for Landlords!
To make it simple to order, follow our ordering guide by clicking on the Options tab.