Platon Plaster Base 2m x 20m (40m²)
Platon Plaster Base is a studded cavity membrane for use in waterproofing or damp-proofing specification. The unique patented undercut stud is dovetail shaped, this provides a physical key for plaster or render or allows for the direct application of plasterboard on adhesive pads.
This is of particular benefit where space constraints prevent the use of timber or metal frame dry lining, the installation of a block work liner wall or where a direct render or plaster finish is preferred, e.g. a vaulted ceiling.
Platon Plaster Base Mesh Membrane 40m2 can be used to deal with and provide isolation from, rising or penetrating damp, salt contamination and ground water ingress when used in conjunction with Triton Aquachannel, P20 or P8 floor membranes and sumps and pumps.
This cavity drain membrane product is compliant with Type C cavity membrane installations in accordance with BS8102.
Benefits of Plaster Base
When compared with other forms of waterproofing:
- No extensive preparation of the structure
- Water is directed behind the membrane to a drain channel for gravity drainage or a sump for pumped drainage
- Ingressing water is de-pressurised and managed within the system and not diverted to other areas
- Complete freedom of choice of wall finishes
- Rapid and straightforward installation
- Impermeable to water and water vapour
- Reliable ‘Type C’ Waterproofing