8mm Mesh Membrane
8mm Mesh Membrane is a Cavity Mesh Membrane with a 8mm Stud and is a high quality damp proofing and waterproofing tanking membrane with the added benefit of mesh welded to the surface for direct rendering or dot and dab finishing.
Ideal for damp proofing above ground and waterproofing basements and cellars. Ideal for Dot and Dab finish.
Made from high density polyethylene, HDPE.
Cavity mesh membrane is selected because the choice of finish to the membrane is dot and dab plasterboard or rendering with sand and cement. Ig hower you wanted to batten off the membrane or, install and independent stud wall you would select an 8mm clear stud membrane. No need for the mesh.
Cavity mesh membranes are fixed to the wall using Insulation Board Plaster Plug Fixings
The density of fixings is: 13 per m2 arranged at 250mm centres in the formation of the number five on a dice. The membrane should be as flat to the wall as possible.
- High performance bonded mesh Part of a type C cavity drain membrane system in line with BS8102:2009
- Waterproof, salt inhibiting, root and contaminate resistant. creates a dry, habitable living space in areas previously suffering from damp/wet conditions.
- Easily cut down using a sharp blade.
- Easy to fold around windows and doors.
- Quick to install – minimal preparation needed to wall surfaces.
- No drying out process – redecoration can occur immediately.
- Little or no damage to the existing structure.
- Can take a direct plaster or dot and dab
- 2mtrs (W) x 10mtrs (L) (20m²)
- 2mtrs (W) x 20mtrs (L) (40m²)