Soakaway Stormwater Crate Polystorm-R PSM1A
Soakaway Stormwater Crate Polystorm-R modular cell is ideally suited for loaded applications at greater depths, such as housing, commercial and infrastructure projects and has a compressive strength of up to 61 tonnes/m². It offers all the proven performance of the Polystorm cell, with the added benefits of being manufactured from over 90% recycled material content. Wherever performance criteria and standards allow, we will always maximise the sustainability of our products by using post consumer plastics in their manufacture. By sourcing and carefully controlling the quality of the recycled material we use our precision injection moulding. Therefore we are able to guarantee consistent quality in our recycled plastic, giving you the confidence and the performance levels you expect from the market leader.
Soakaway Stormwater Crate Polystorm-R modular cells are combined to form a structure that receives rainwater collected from roofs of surface drains. The rainwater is then either attenuated by the structure, when wrapped in an impermeable membrane, or infiltrated by the structure, when wrapped in a permeable geotextile.
- Made from specially selected and controlled recycled materials
- Environmentally friendly, sustainable solution
- Has undergone stringent testing to ensure product performance
- Compressive strength of 61 tonnes/m²
- Ideal for retention, attenuation and infiltration applications with a suitable geomembrane or geotextile
- BBA approved
- Allow flexibility of shape – ideal for shallow excavation systems, narrow strips or use in restricted areas
- Can be used as part of a value engineered hybrid system with Polystorm, Polystorm Lite and Polystorm Xtra
- Integrated inlet and outlet
- 3D flow throughout the structure
- 95% void ratio
- Light weight yet robust – excellent Health and Safety and installation benefits
- 100% recyclable
- 60 years creep limited life expectancy
The polymer material used in the manufacture of the Polystorm-R unit has an adequate resistance to attack from the type and quantities of chemicals that may be expected to naturally occur in uncontaminated soils and rainwater runoff. When installed in accordance with our recommendations, it is expected that the Polystorm-R unit will have a design life in excess of 60 years*. The installer of a proposed geocellular structure should ensure that an appropriate design check has been undertaken, in accordance with the recommended methodology and factors of safety given in CIRIA C680 (2008), Structural Design of Modular Geocellular Drainage Tanks, prior to the commencement of construction activities.
* Derived from long term extrapolated creep testing
|Unit Storage Volume||0.19m³ (190 litres)|
|SHORT TERM COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH|
|Vertical||Maximum 610kN/m² *|
|Lateral||Maximum 63kN/m² *|
|SHORT TERM DEFLECTION|
|Vertical||60 kN/m² per mm|
|Lateral||4.4kN/m² per mm|
Note: Polystorm-R is ideal for use in trafficked and pedestrian applications subject to a structural design check and suitable installation conditions Each unit includes 4 Clips and 2 Shear Connectors.
* Compressive strength at yield, maximum recommended value for design purposes.