Basement Tanking 8mm Stud Cavity Membrane Waterproofing System 80m²
Basement tanking 8mm stud cavity membrane waterproofing system 80m² offers all the materials required to convert a damp basement or cellar with a total floor and wall area of around 73m² allowing for membrane overlaps and material waste from off-cuts.
Your choice of membrane –
- Delta MS 500 8mm stud profile clear membrane, 2mtrs wide x 20mtrs long providing 80m² across the two rolls of membrane. BBA Agrément Certificate 00/3742
- Generic 8mm stud profile clear membrane 2mtrs wide x 20mtrs long providing 80m² across the two rolls of membrane.
The membranes are compatible with the British Standard for structural waterproofing BS8102: 2009, Type C systems which are readily adopted by Building Control and NHBC.
Please follow the installation guidance documents for both the membrane and sump systems for best results.
Basement tanking 8mm stud cavity membrane waterproofing system 80m² includes two rodding eyes. These are used to carry out annual ‘flushing’ of the drainage channel using a power washer to flush through and silt and fines they may have dropped from the brick face. Annual maintenance of the drainage channel and sump kit are essential for the longevity of the system and its reliability.
Not all projects are of this size. Please call 01329 235252 if you feel you have a similar requirement but need some additional membrane or other parts. We also offer technical support backed up by a lot of images, section drawings and data sheets.
This system comprises of the following items:
- 2 x rolls 8mm cavity drain membrane 8mm clear stud, 2mtrs x 20mtrs
- 2 x rolls Double sided membrane jointing tape to seal overlaps 22.5mtrs long
- 2 x rolls Corner Tape to seal the wall membrane to the floor membrane and seal membrane where it meets window and door reveals
- 1 x Box of Brick Plug membrane fixings 10mm x 60mm with neoprene rubber seals quantity of 200. (Please note, if you batten off the membrane fixings you need 5 fixings per m2 of wall space)
- 10 x Lengths Aqua Channel Drainage 2mtrs long
- 5 x Aqua Channel connectors for simple connection between channels
- 1 x Aqua Channel inset Rodding Eye
- 4 x Aqua Channel Corners
- 2 x Aqua Channel Drain Ends
- 1 x Sump Kit including sump chamber and access lid, 1 x AMA Drainer 301 submersible pump, internal pipe fittings and 1 x battery operated high level alarm.
You will require additional components to make you job go well. We advise you have the following:
- 10mm x 160mm SDS plus drill bit for plug fixings
- Good quality scissors to cut the membrane
- Rubber mallet
- Solvent weld for pipe fittings in sump chamber
- 2″ size 10 screws for fixing battens to plug fixings
- Good quality SDS drill
A mould sterilisation wash or Probor to kill off mould, algae, dry rot and treat the ground floor timber joists before boarding the ceiling.
Please consider how you will get ventilation into the basement. We can advise on your options.