CDM 508 Membrane
CDM 508 Membrane is a BBA certified, 8mm Cavity Drain Membrane for Basements – Newton CDM 508 Membrane is the most commonly used membrane within the Newton CDM System.
Newton CDM 508 Membrane is guaranteed against deterioration for 30 years, with a life expectancy of at least 50 years (DIN 9001:2000) and is supported by BBA Certification Number 94/3010.
Newton 508 is a high quality cavity drain waterproofing membrane, which is supplied in a number of variants for use within Newton System 500, our internally applied waterproofing system that includes Newton drainage and pumping systems. Depending on the variant, Newton 508 is suitable for the waterproofing of earth retained walls, vaulted soffits and floors.
Newton 508 is inert and, therefore, non-polluting to drinking water, highly resistant to water, alkalines, saline solutions and organic acids, and not affected by minerals and hydrocarbons. It is also rot-proof, and resistant to bacteria, fungi and other small organisms. Newton 508R and 508 eco Floor also both exhibit high compressive loading stability. Newton 508R and 508 eco Floor are also independently tested as an effective barrier to radon ground gases, with Newton 508R also tested as a methane and CO2 barrier, and are the membranes used within our patented combined ground gas and waterproofing system.
- Third-party tested for long-term compressive load to ISO 25619-1 (2% compression over 50-years)
- Does not require extensive and damaging preparation to the wall surface
- Speed of installation
- Provides vapour control when used with humidity control systems and is capable of delivering an environment to all levels within a Grade 3 environment to BS 8102:2009
- 508R & 508 eco Floor are independently certified as a barrier to hydrocarbon gases and radon
- Resistant to rot, chemically aggressive groundwater, acids and alkalines, efflorescing salts and hydrocarbon contamination
- Newton 508 – Code M1 – 2.4m x 20m (48m²)
- Newton 508R – Code M1R & M2R – 2.4/2.07m x 20m (48m² & 41.4m²)
- Newton 508 eco Floor – Code M2 – 2.5m x 20m (50m²)
- Newton 508 Mesh – Code M3 – 2.0m x 20m (40m²)