Ecobor 20 Boron Preservative Gel
Ecobor 20 Boron Preservative is a special boron-based and Benzalkonium chloride brushable and injectable gel. For use in high risk areas to treat against dry and wet rot as well as wood destroying insects.
Ecobor 20 has been designed for use on all timbers at high risk of damage or decay such as joist ends, purlins, wall plates, cut ends and rafter ends. Ecobor 20 leaves no surface residues after treatment, is non-staining and can be overpainted in time
Ecobor 20 is a professional use wood preservative.
- Brushable and injectable multi-use gel
- Excellent highly penetrating preservative for the control of wood rotting fungi and wood boring insects
- Approved under COPR 1986 for use as a wood preservative 20% Disodium octaborate tetrahydrate as the active ingredient with Benzalkonium chloride
- Clean, easy to handle and virtually non-drip
- A clear and non-staining preservative gel
- Odourless and non-flammable
- Permanent protection because the active ingredient does not break down
- Convenient pack sizes
- By brush : 1 litre to 2 – 2.5 m² of timber surface
- Large dimensional timbers may need more than one coat or additional treatment with Ecobor 40.
- By injection : Apply as necessary or until refusal through predrilled holes.
Available in 2.5 and 5 litre robust plastic containers.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Treatment of wood boring insects and fungal decay:
- Clean all wooden surfaces using a brush or vacuum cleaner.
- To aid brushing out on any timbers, which are very dry or remain dusty, apply a little water to the surface before the application of ACS Ecobor 20
- Apply a generous brush coat of ACS Ecobor 20, taking care to ensure that end grains, corners and joints are well treated. Brush apply to any surfaces exposed by cutting after initial treatment.
- Brush the ACS Ecobor 20 well into the surface taking care not overload the brush with the product, particularly on overhead, horizontal faces.
- ACS Ecobor 20 may be used in outdoor conditions provided that the timber treated is then protected from weathering by an appropriate coating or sealant.
- As a surface application the gel will not penetrate through paint, varnishes or other coatings and these should be removed before treatment. ACS Ecobor 20 can be injected through predrilled holes in areas where paint and coatings cannot be removed.
- Clean all tools, brushes and equipment with water.