Fungi-Chek AntiCon Thermal Paint
Fungi-Chek AntiCon Thermal Paint is a biocidal paint that also reduces surface condensation. AntiCon can be used on internal walls, ceilings, pipework and metals to provide protection from fungi and mould growth. Ideal for kitchens, bathrooms, walls and ceilings and anywhere condensation and mould are a problem.
AntiCon uses proven Funfi-Chek biocide technology to inhibit mould growth whilst also actually reducing surface condensation. It does this with the use of glass nanospheres, tiny glass bubbles of air that reduce heat loss from the surface therefore increasing the dew point – the temperature at which water vapour turns into water droplets. AntiCon also contains diatoms, hollow shells of mineral that can absorb moisture vapour. This
prevents liquid water forming on the surface of the paint and releases it back into the atmosphere as vapour when conditions allow.
There are basic measures to assist in the control of condensation and black mould. Fungi-Chek AntiCon System complements these basic controls and will prevent problems occurring for many years. These methods are particularly helpful in the domestic environment but can be applied equally to commercial catering, leisure or medical establishments.
It is always important to reduce the risk of condensation by observing the following simple recommendations:
- Ensure rooms are always warm and properly ventilated, maintaining some low heating throughout the day if possible.
- When cooking, washing, bathing or drying clothes, keep the door closed and the window open – this prevents warm moist air moving to colder areas of the building.
- In cold weather keep some heating on all the time.
- If a paraffin or flueless gas heater is used ensure a window is open a little (every litre of paraffin produces about 1 litre of water).
- Improve internal/external wall insulation.
8m² – 10m² per litre. Extra allowance should be made for textured surfaces.