Koster NB1 Grey 25kg
Koster NB1 is a watertight (> 130 m water head) mineral waterproofing with subsequently crystallising agents. Suitable for positive side and negative side waterproofing. A waterproofing made of Koster NB 1 Grey possesses excellent pressure and abrasion resistance, as well as chemical and sulphate resistance. Approved by the building authorities and tested in accordance with the potable water guidelines. For area waterproofing in new construction and restoration, e.g. waterproofing of basements and tanks.
Koster NB 1 Grey is a mineral coating containing crystallising and capillary-plugging agents. It can be used for waterproofing against ground moisture, and for non-pressurised and pressurised water. Waterproofing done with Koster NB 1 Grey is characterised by excellent resistance to pressure and abrasion as well as chemical and sulphate resistance. Applied as a closed layer, Koster NB 1 Grey is absolutely waterproof to pressurised water up to 13 bar. Due to its penetration into the structural member, the slurry develops an intense bond to the substrate and the capillaries are plugged. Besides the hydraulic curing of the sealing slurry, crystallising reactions are activated in the slurry which can lead to a self healing effect when micro-cracks develop.
Waterproofing with Koster NB 1 Grey should only be carried out on substrates that are free of moving cracks. Moving cracks should be considered construction joints and treated accordingly with Koster Joint Tape, Koster Injection Resins, or Koster Joint Sealant FS.
Koster SB-Bonding Emulsion introduces flexibility to the material.
- Positive and negative side waterproofing against pressurised water.
- Crystallizing waterproofing system.
- Penetrates into the substrate and creates a chemical and mechanical bond that will last as long as the wall itself-inseparable waterproofing-substrate bond.
- Open to water vapor diffusion.
- Resistant against chlorides, sulphates and phosphates.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Certified for drinking water environments.
- Does not contain corrosion promoting ingredients.
- No VOC, no emissions of environmentally harmful ingredients.
- Suitable for a wide variety of substrates.
- Works also on masonry and on very porous substrates like shotcrete, aerated concrete and cinder block.
- Suitable for moist surfaces.
- Substrate does not have to be continually kept wet to cure.
- Can seal the hairline cracks caused by the shrinkage and settlement of the surface (self-healing).
- Inhibits salt movement in the substrate when used as a system together with Koster Polysil TG 500.
- Easy to apply, fast and safe to use.
- Seamless application.
- Long pot life.
- 2 – 4 kg/m²
- Under Koster NB Elastic Grey for swimming pools: approx. 1.5 kg/m² (1 coat)
- In cases of ground moisture min. 2 kg/m² (2 coats)
- In cases of non-pressurised water min. 3 kg/m² (2 coats)
- In cases of pressurised water min. 4 kg/m² (2-3 coats)
- In cases of negative side waterproofing min. 3 kg/m² (2 coats)
- Under bituminous thick film sealants
- Coefficient of water vapor diffusion resistance (μ) 60
- Sd value at 2 mm layer thickness 0.12
- Pot life approx. 1 hours
- Resistant to foot traffic after approx. 2 days
- Full cure after approx. 2 weeks