Wide Gap All Weather Joint-Fill Paving Compound
Wide Gap is a water permeable, single component joint filling system for the simple and rapid pointing of paved areas with joints over 5mm. Ready to use, simple brush application.
A unique blend of polymers and aggregates that bind together chemically. On exposure to the atmosphere ALL WEATHER WIDE GAP JOINT‐FILL COMPOUND forms a stable solid mass that is unaffected by the weather.
ALL WEATHER WIDE GAP JOINT-FILL is ideal for pointing paving with joints 5mm+ and is suitable for domestic and commercial installations. ALL WEATHER WIDE GAP JOINT-FILL is also compatible with most types of paving including natural stone, terracotta, clay, concrete and cobble stones. Ideal for patios, pathways and any paved areas and is suitable for open porch ways / covered areas.
This product is not suitable for:
- Areas that stay wet for long periods of time and rarely dry out.
- Use over non-porous sub-bases, as prolonged submersion in water may cause softening and failure of the product. To ensure that the bed is permeable, a maximum mix strength of 6 parts sand:1 part cement is recommended.
Open the pack and empty sufficient product to treat approximately 10m² of paving onto a plastic sheet. Leaving material in direct contact with the slabs may cause staining, particularly in hot weather. Using a soft broom, work the compound into the joints. Compact with a jointing tool. Top up the joint with more material, and then sweep off any excess sweeping at 45º to the joint to avoid disturbing the material. Finish off with a jointing tool to create as smooth finish.
- Failure to compact the material will reduce the strength of the joint.
- Material or residues that have been exposed for more than 30 minutes should not be reused.
- Always test the product on a small inconspicuous area prior to use.
- Do not use if temperatures are likely to fall below +10ºC.
- Avoid use in very hot conditions as the material may cure before it can be fully compacted into the joint.
|Coverage Chart – Approximate coverage per 15kg pack|
|Paving Dimension (with a joint depth of 25mm)|
|Joint Width||250mm x 250mm||450mm x 450mm||600mm x 600mm|