Anti Mould Emulsion Paint – Brilliant White
HSE Approved Anti Mould Protection for your home
Anti Mould Emulsion paint is an excellent, premium quality, low odour anti mould coating guaranteed to protect against unsightly and unhygienic black mould even when there is persistent condensation. The unsurpassed performance is achieved by combining modern paint technology with highly advanced, proven biocides. The antifungal biocide is combined throughout the paint film, which is formulated to impart toughness, elasticity, water resistance and durability to the finish.
Ideal for walls and ceilings in private and social housing and a wide range of public and commercial buildings. It is fully washable and resistant to the effects of condensation when the coating is fully dried out.
We recommend using our Mould Wash Concentrate as pre-wash mould removal treatment . This treatment will kill all spores and moulds in the surface before re-decorating. It’s important to clean and wash any existing dirt and moulds for a long lasting mould free finish. Some patches of black mould can leave terrible staining that may bleed through even two or three coats of our mould killing paint. You my have to use a stain primer to stop this happening.
- Gives up to five years protection from the recurrence of Black Mould growth
- Approved under HSE Control of Pesticides 1986 Regulations as a surface biocide treatment against mould growth
- Easy to use and cost effective.
- The ACS Anti mould Emulsion will help compliance with Section 82 (Statutory Nuisance), Chapter 43 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, either used alone or part of various strategies to prevent condensation and mould growth in both private and public tenanted accommodation.
Benefits of Mould Resistant Paint
Though removing and protecting against mould may seem like its own reward, there are other benefits that come alone with the application of a mould resistant paint. These include:
- Wall Protection – Mould does not just look ugly, it actually eats away at the surfaces on which it grows. Though it needs moisture to grow, it also needs the organic surface it attaches itself to. Anti mould paint prevents mould deteriorating these structures.
- Clean Air – It goes without saying mould is linked to a number of medical conditions, many of them respiratory. Spores in people’s homes can cause sinus infections, sore throats, asthma, coughing, rashes, and more have been linked to mould.
- Moisture Resistance – To prevent mould, these products also prevent the source of their growth – moisture. Humidity and steam resistant chemistries protect against mould for up to 5 years or more, depending on the paint. If the mould is occurring because of a problem with damp, you should look for an anti damp paint and the cause of dampness.
Adding all of these together, these benefits make a building healthier, cleaner and less maintenance.
Coverage: 10-12 m2 per litre but an extra allowance should be made for rough or porous surfaces.
Health and Safety
The product is approved under the Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986 for use as directed (HSE No. 6308). In use the product is very similar to conventional high quality emulsion paint; refer to Safety Data Sheet (SDS) before using the product.