DryFix Bentonite Waterbar 25mm x 20mm x 5mtrs
DryFix Bentonite Waterbar is a swellable hydrophilic Bentonite waterstop, made from a combination of synthetic rubber and sodium Bentonite clay. When it is installed in a confined joint it will swell upon contact with water to ensure a waterproof joint is created. Expansion of the waterbar creates a positive pressure against the faces of the concrete creating a joint that is resistant to hydraulic pressure. DryFix Bentonite Waterbar has a swelling capacity of up to 400% of its original volume. The expansive clay mass will seal any hairline shrinkage cracks that appear in the concrete.
Bentonite is used for the integral sealing of horizontal and vertical construction joints in fresh concrete, pipe penetrations and sealing concrete to steel joints. It may be used in the place of conventional PVC waterbars as an effective method of preventing passage of water at construction joints.
- Swelling capacity of up four times the original volume when in contact with water
- Easily installed by semi-skilled labour adapting to complex joint shapes
- Included bentonite composition that will fill any small cracks/fissures. The durability of the installed strip will exceed the design life of the structure
- Used in conjunction with DryFix hydrophilic mastic for detailing purposes
- Can be mechanically fixed
DryFix Bentonite Waterbar may be nailed to hardened concrete at 200 mm centres, ensuring the strip is pulled tight to ensure complete contact with the concrete.
Alternatively DryFix Adhesive may be used to bond the waterbar to the concrete. On irregular surfaces the strip should be adhered to the concrete using DryFix Hydrophilic Mastic to ensure complete integrity of the joint. Apply a 10mm bead to the face of the concrete and press the waterbar firmly onto the bead ensuring complete contact with the mastic. Roll ends are butted together to ensure a complete watertight seal is created, do not overlap. Allow the adhesive to cure overnight before subsequent concrete pours.
Size: 25mm x 20mm x 5mtrs