SikaSwell S-2 Polyurethane Hydrophilic Swellable Sealant 600ml
SikaSwell S-2 is a 1-part polyurethane hydrophilic sealant which swells in contact with water to seal all types of construction joints and penetrations in concrete.
Apply SikaSwell® S-2 in a narrow bed (size of triangular section ~12 mm) onto the prepared substrate. Extrude sufficient quantity to level the roughness of the substrate. Press the waterstop/waterbar profiles firmly into the fresh applied SikaSwell® S-2. The profiles must be placed within a maximum of 30 minutes. Allow SikaSwell® S-2 to harden minimum 24 hours before placing concrete. Before placing concrete, protect the
SikaSwell® and waterbar/waterstop profiles against water (e.g. rain).
- Joint sealing:
- Construction joints
- Pipe and steel work penetrations through walls and floor slabs
- Around all types of penetrations and construction joints
- Construction joints in cable ducts, etc.
- Fixing / Adhering swellable profiles:
- Waterstop & Waterbars
Characteristics / Advantages:
- 1-part, easy and fast to apply
- Highly economical joint sealing solution compared to other systems
- Versatile solution for joints and details
- Optimised expansion rate, no damage to fresh concrete
- Permanently water resistant (wet & dry cycles)
- Good adhesion to various substrates
|Size of Bead||Length|
|6mm x 6mm||16.6m|
|8mm x 6mm||12.5m|
|10mm x 6mm||10m|
|15mm x 10mm||4m|
Consumption depends on the roughness and absorbency of the substrate. These figures are theoretical and do not allow for any additional material due to surface porosity, surface profile, variations in level or wastage etc