Helical Bar 6mm x 10mtr Coil
Helical bar 6mm x 10mtr Coil should be spaced at 450mm centres (or every 4 courses) and should span 500mm each side of the crack.
- Helical bar is manufactured from 304 austenitic stainless steel, (316 available upon request)
- Non-disruptive repair method
- Cost effective and more stable than other repair systems
- Helical bars and SureGrout or SureBond Resin provide excellent bonding characteristics within the masonry
- Helical Bars have a superb combination of axial strength and flexibility
- Absorbs further localised stress
- Minimises the likelihood of further cracking
- Eliminates the need to rebuild a wall
- Permanent repair
- A fast, cost effective and economical solution
- No special skills required for installation
|Wall Thickness||Depth of Slot||Depth of Bar|
|102mm||30 – 35mm||20mm|
|215mm||40 – 45mm||30mm|
Vertical spacing every 4 to 6 brick courses. (300 – 450mm)
- Bar to extend 500mm beyond the end of any opening or crack.
- Where cracks are within 500mm of corners or reveals bar is to be bent and bonded around the corner to recommended distance.
- When joining SureTwist Bar, ensure that it is overlapped by at least 500mm.
- Crack-stitching cannot cure the cause of the crack. Crack-stitching can only stabilise the symptoms of the cause.
- Always seek the advice of a structural engineer before undertaking any structural repair