Koster Fix Tape 15 SY 200mm x 20m
Koster Fix Tape 15 SY is a cold applied self adhesive rubber / bitumen based waterproofing tape for sealing façade areas and wind proofing window connections. Applicable between + 5 °C and + 30 °C. Highly flexible, crack bridging immediately water and rainproof. Double laminated with a highly tear resistant polyethylene foil. Material thickness 1.5 mm, available in 200 mm width.
Fields of Application
- for waterproofing wall and floor junctions in wet rooms
- for repairing leaking gutters and downpipes
- for waterproofing parapets
- for general repairs on existing flashing
- for waterproofing wall penetrations, domed roof lights, roof edges, roof windows and other roof extensions
- for waterproofing roof storm drains
- for repairing lead weather strips
- for waterproofing encapsulated screws on roofing systems
- for waterproofing roof ridges
- for connecting corrugated sheets on rising construction members as well as wind-proofing façades
- for waterproofing overlapping roof tiles.
No wall recesses are necessary for the application of the tape as is for common metal flashings.
The substrate has to be clean, dry, even and without edges or voids. It should be mineral, metal, or wooden. In case of basement walls made of masonry, the joints have to be closed flush. As primer thin coat of Koster KBE Liquid Foil is applied to the substrate (Consumption: approx. 250 – 500 g / m²). The priming layer must be allowed to completely dry. Apply the membrane on the same day.
In case of strongly absorbent substrates (e. g. porous concrete), a second primer coat may be necessary. Priming with Koster KBE Liquid Film is necessary only in case of porous substrates (Consumption 1 – 2 coats each with 250 g / m²).