Koster NB1 Elastic Grey 33kg
Koster NB1 Elastic Grey is for abrasion resistant waterproofing of concrete and masonry structures which are in danger of cracking. Koster NB Elastic Grey is a 2-component system, bridges cracks up to 2 mm and is resistant to pressurised water. It is suitable for the waterproofing of balconies, terraces and crack bridging waterproofing of concrete elements, also under tiles. Radon proof.
Koster NB Elastic Grey is a waterproof, elastic, wear resistant coating with excellent adhesion to all mineral substrates. The material can bridge cracks up to a width of 2 mm, is abrasion resistant, and resistant to corrosive liquids such as dilute acids and alkali. It possesses a good UV-resistance.
- Crack bridging up to 2 mm.
- Resistant to foot traffic.
- Ideal for balconies and terraces under tile.
- Suitable for moist surfaces.
- Together with Koster NB 1 Grey suitable for negative side waterproofing.
- Cement based system.
- Suitable for mineral substrates such as concrete and brick walls.
Fields of Application:
Coatings made of Koster NB Elastic Grey are resistant to wear, elastic, and waterproof. Such coatings can be used for areas subject to mechanical stresses and for areas which might be subject to cracking such as waterproofing layers on terraces and balconies, as protection for concrete surfaces accessible for maintenance, as waterproofing for water tanks, swimming pools, and wet and damp rooms underneath tiles and ceramic coverings. If a waterproofing (2 layers) is made of Koster NB Elastic Grey, the material can also be used as tile adhesive for tiles, (applied as a third layer).
It is not suited for waterproofing against negative side water pressure and it is not suited for waterproofing roofs.
- Waterproofing balconies and terraces before laying ceramic tiles.
- Waterproofing swimming pools from the positive side before laying ceramic tiles.
- Waterproofing hydraulic channels, faces of dams over Koster NB 1 Grey, basins, and tanks.
- Waterproofing plasterboard, render or cementitious surfaces, lightweight cement blocks, and marine-grade plywood.
- Protection of cementitious renders or concrete with cracks due to shrinkage and against water infiltration.
- Protection of concrete pillars and beams against the penetration of carbon dioxide.
- Protection of structures with an inadequate layer of concrete over the reinforcement rods against the penetration of aggressive elements.
- Flexible protection layer of new concrete structures or repaired structures.
- Protection of concrete surfaces which may come into contact with sulfates, sea water, and de-icing salts such as sodium or calcium chloride.
|Consumption approx. 3.6 – 4.5 kg/m²|
|Consumption (MTD = Min. dry layer thickness)|
|Ground moisture||2mm||min. 3.6kg||min. 2|
|non-retained seepage water||2mm||min. 3.6kg||min. 2|
|Retained seepage water||2.5mm||min. 4.5kg||min. 2|
|Wall/Floor waterproofing||2mm||min. 3.6kg||min. 2|
- 33 kg: powder – 25 kg bag, liquid – carton (2 x 4 kg foil bags)