Self Adhesive Bitumen Tanking Membrane Radon Gas Barrier
Self adhesive bitumen tanking membrane is a high performance, cold applied waterproof membrane, manufactured from tough, bi-orientated HDPE film to a layer of rubber modified bitumen adhesive. The advanced backing film gives improved technical performance on tear strength and tensile strength, puncture resistance and dimensional stability. It also offers good conform-ability for site application.
The Bitumen Tanking Membrane is used for internal and external tanking of underground structures, reservoirs, car park, subways, lift shafts and retaining walls. It is satisfactory for use as a waterproofing membrane for type A basement constructions grades up to and including 3 as defined in Table 1 of BS 8102:2009.
- Radon Gas Barrier
- Rapid and easy cold application.
- >300% compound elongation. Perfect for bridging cracks and accommodating building movement
- Flexible and accommodating giving excellent bond to substrate.
- Non-Hazardous and resistant to dilute acids and alkali.
- high chemical, oxidation and microbial resistance
- High performance protection against surface and ground water and soluble salts.
- Capable of resisting a 6 metre head of water when fully supported.
- Self-healing properties due to SBS polymer modification
- 1m x 5m (5m²)
- 1m x 10m (10m²)
- 1m x 15m (15m²)
- 1m x 20m (20m²) Note: Supplied as 2 x 10m for ease of handling
1.5mm Thickness with 4.80 x 10‾¹² Radon permeability (m²/s)
Apply Primer by roller, brush or spray (at a nominal rate of 4-6m² per litre) and allow to dry.
Primer should be applied to all surfaces to receive self adhesive membrane.
- Supplied as a single roll
- Or Kits supplied with a single roll, complete with the required amount of primer, latex grip gloves and an 4″ applicator brush.
- 5m² & 10m² Kits supplied with 2.5ltrs of primer
- 15m² & 20m² Kits supplied with 5ltrs of primer
Additional primer (if required) can be purchased here.