Protection and Drainage System for Horizontal Applications 2.4m x 12.5m
Delta Terraxx has been optimised for various applications in horizontal drainage. Laid on top of the waterproofing, this 2-ply water drainage sheet constitutes an all-round solution conforming to DIN 18531 and DIN 4095. It serves to protect e.g. paved underground parking decks, terraces, and planted roofs from impounded water and is installed under the wearing course of parking decks.
The composite of a dimpled sheet and a fused-on geotextile forms a highly effective drainage layer. Facing up, the geotextile acts as a filtration layer for the hollow spaces contained in the dimpled sheet underneath. Between DELTA®-TERRAXX and the waterproofing sheet, a conventional 300-g spunbond should be inserted.
No higher than 9mm, the dimpled sheet ensures a low add-on height, although its drainage capacity is markedly greater than that of a gravel or chip bed. Its high water drainage capacity ensures that water drains away unhindered, besides providing safe and effective protection from impounded water and the problems related to it, such as obstruction by growing moss or dying vegetation.
In terms of weight, too, DELTA®-TERRAXX is clearly superior to drainage layers of gravel or chips. The protection and drainage sheet is equally suitable for extensive and intensive planting. DELTA®-TERRAXX is also capable of dealing with extreme volumes of water. Thanks to their self-sealing overlap edges, the sheets may be interconnected safely so they cannot be blown up by wind.
- Reliably protects and insulates waterproofing layers against mechanical damage.
- Withstands extreme compression loads of 400 kN/m² (up to type-60 heavy trucks, depending on the covering).
- High drainage capacity prevents frost damage and encrustations.
- Water-vapour pressure is drained away through the structure.
- Water drainage capacity exceeds that of gravel or chipping layers.
- No obstruction by sludge underneath the covering layer.
- Good load distribution prevents point loads on the waterproofing layer.
- Resultant static building loads lower than those of gravel layers.
- Easy and cost-efficient installation.
For planted roofs:
In intensely planted roofs with thick substrate layers, this 2-ply sheet acts as a protection, filtration, and seepage layer, ensuring that no impounded water can gather.
For walkable and driveable surfaces:
In this case, DELTA®-TERRAXX forms a heavy-duty protection and drainage layer, thus protecting the pavement from frost damage.
For terraces paved with flagstones or wood:
DELTA®-TERRAXX performs the function of a drainage layer and ensures that water drains out of the structure quickly, thus preventing damage to the pavement.
For gravelled roofs:
Installed under a gravel bed, DELTA®-TERRAXX offers optimum protection for the waterproofing below.